Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Eptic samples

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby DarksidersMusic » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Anyone knows where Eptic gets his vocal samples and his old games samples :( ?
DarksidersMusic

Postby mthrfnk » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Old games?
mthrfnk

Postby Sure_Fire » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Obviously he rips them from old games, easiest way to get those kinda samples is to grab a youtube downloader and find a play through with good audio quality of the game you want.
https://soundcloud.com/photonman/sunrise_remix
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll - Shigeru Miyamoto
https://soundcloud.com/photonman
Sure_Fire

Postby DarksidersMusic » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 am

Hah,thanks buddy.
DarksidersMusic

Postby Augment » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 pm

I'd guess that he makes them himself, if it's the sounds I think you're thinking of, they're quite simple to make yourself
Augment

Postby DarksidersMusic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 am

blinkesko wrote:I'd guess that he makes them himself, if it's the sounds I think you're thinking of, they're quite simple to make yourself

I want to make them myself but i got a hi pitched voice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I found this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd_1HJbMngE
The sample from Ninja Challange. :o
DarksidersMusic

Postby DarksidersMusic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:34 am

I was about the vocal samples and the old games samples @blinkesko :D
DarksidersMusic

Postby outbound » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:26 am

Sure_Fire wrote:Obviously he rips them from old games, easiest way to get those kinda samples is to grab a youtube downloader and find a play through with good audio quality of the game you want.

Man I feel stupid for not doing this. I still remember hooking my games consoles up to my audio interface and tv and getting them that way! :lol:
outbound

Postby Genevieve » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:03 pm

outbound wrote:
Sure_Fire wrote:Obviously he rips them from old games, easiest way to get those kinda samples is to grab a youtube downloader and find a play through with good audio quality of the game you want.

Man I feel stupid for not doing this. I still remember hooking my games consoles up to my audio interface and tv and getting them that way! :lol:

That's much better. The sound quality will be better that way. Less downsampling, less conversion, etc. Though I would've just hooked the console up straight to the interface.

namsayin

:'0

Head of the DSF Hebrew Awareness Society
Genevieve

Postby DarksidersMusic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Yolo hahaha
I want to do that too XD But i got some sounds just from youtube.
DarksidersMusic

Postby outbound » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Genevieve wrote:
outbound wrote:

That's much better. The sound quality will be better that way. Less downsampling, less conversion, etc. Though I would've just hooked the console up straight to the interface.

Audio -> Interface
Video -> TV

That way I can see what I'm doing ;-)
outbound

Postby flood » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 pm

if you're trying to sample video game soundtracks from older consoles, I can certainly recommend the application Audio Overload. You can play soundtracks straight from their (almost always significantly smaller than wav/flac or even mp3) console-specific file formats and export to wav.
flood

Postby DarksidersMusic » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:25 pm

flood wrote:if you're trying to sample video game soundtracks from older consoles, I can certainly recommend the application Audio Overload. You can play soundtracks straight from their (almost always significantly smaller than wav/flac or even mp3) console-specific file formats and export to wav.

Thanks! <3 :W:
DarksidersMusic

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical