Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Massive in Dubstep

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby Bustemout » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:35 am

VirtualMark wrote:And saw/square/sine waves aren't overused?

I talk about specific wt :)
Bustemout

Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
3 times

Postby RKM » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:30 am

VirtualMark wrote:
Bustemout wrote:
Samuel_L_Damnson wrote:Reason is better

Agree with that. I dont use Massive, because i think that it overused. Especially Scrap Yard, Carbon and Modern Talking wt.

And saw/square/sine waves aren't overused?

uh forgive me. but aren't we a little bit constricted by what sound waves can do...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RKM

Has Bigged up!:
758 times
Been Bigged up!:
844 times

Postby 3za » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:32 am

RKM wrote:
VirtualMark wrote:
Bustemout wrote:

Agree with that. I dont use Massive, because i think that it overused. Especially Scrap Yard, Carbon and Modern Talking wt.

uh forgive me. but aren't we a little bit constricted by what sound waves can do...

They can do anything apart from go back in time, but we're working on that.
2 keyboards 1 computer
Sure_Fire wrote:By the way does anyone have the stems to make it bun dem? Missed the beatport comp and would very much like the ego booster of saying I remixed Skrillex.
3za

Has Bigged up!:
70 times
Been Bigged up!:
72 times

Postby 3za » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:05 am

Just fucking imagine that.

you could send message to your past self in sound, and they would get these voices in their head telling them stuff,but that would influence your future self. So you would be jumping in parallel universes.
2 keyboards 1 computer
Sure_Fire wrote:By the way does anyone have the stems to make it bun dem? Missed the beatport comp and would very much like the ego booster of saying I remixed Skrillex.
3za

Has Bigged up!:
70 times
Been Bigged up!:
72 times

Postby 3za » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:07 am

like myself in 2 years tiemm could tell me to pos this

:o
2 keyboards 1 computer
3za

Has Bigged up!:
70 times
Been Bigged up!:
72 times

Postby ThisIsSovereign » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:55 am

3za wrote:Just fucking imagine that.

you could send message to your past self in sound, and they would get these voices in their head telling them stuff,but that would influence your future self. So you would be jumping in parallel universes.

ThisIsSovereign

Has Bigged up!:
291 times
Been Bigged up!:
21 times

Postby cyclopian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:53 am

That's actually much less 'mindblowing' than the actual idea of time travel.

Sound waves are relatively simple displacements of molecules in the air that reach your ear.

The real 'magic' happens when your eardrum picks up those displacements in air molecules and how your brain interprets them

#poorbantz
:middlefinger:
cyclopian

Has Bigged up!:
291 times
Been Bigged up!:
377 times

Postby VirtualMark » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:51 pm

RKM wrote:
VirtualMark wrote:
Bustemout wrote:

I was just pointing out that most things get used a lot, especially the basic waves. I wouldn't worry about Massive being overused, as you can still process a sound and end up with something unique.
VirtualMark

Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby Banesy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:26 am

_Agu_ wrote:
-Your boy Skrillex uses mostly FM8 and has said in one of his interviews that the most of sounds which people think were made in Massive, he made in FM8

So...I didn't want to bring it up but this ties up this troll of a thread. If you dig waaaaay back, Skrillex said that he used Ableton's operator to make some growls. There was actually a post in this forum with a pretty amazing tutorial on how to do it.

Somewhere in here I think....
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=210760

People get so tied up in thinking that the top notch producers are top notch because they are rich and can afford all of the cutting edge plugins and if you don't have them, you can't be good or get signed or whatever. Sorry to say....no, they are not loading up the new Awesomeitizer 2000 plugin and activating the awesomenator button...they actually know their shit and can run circles around everyone with stock tools like operator.

Here we go. This makes me want to get operator.
Banesy

Has Bigged up!:
1 time
Been Bigged up!:
17 times

Postby _Agu_ » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Banesy wrote:
_Agu_ wrote:
-Your boy Skrillex uses mostly FM8 and has said in one of his interviews that the most of sounds which people think were made in Massive, he made in FM8

So...I didn't want to bring it up but this ties up this troll of a thread. If you dig waaaaay back, Skrillex said that he used Ableton's operator to make some growls. There was actually a post in this forum with a pretty amazing tutorial on how to do it.

Somewhere in here I think....
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=210760

People get so tied up in thinking that the top notch producers are top notch because they are rich and can afford all of the cutting edge plugins and if you don't have them, you can't be good or get signed or whatever. Sorry to say....no, they are not loading up the new Awesomeitizer 2000 plugin and activating the awesomenator button...they actually know their shit and can run circles around everyone with stock tools like operator.

Here we go. This makes me want to get operator.

Sorry for late reply, haven't been in dsf for a while. But yeah, I knew he uses Operator, he just didn't give it that much weight in one of the other interviews I read, it confused me a bit.

Way I see it, thing that matters when choosing plugins is the "sound" of it, not actually how many different parameters there is to be automated and how many oscillators you can stack on the top of each other.
_Agu_

Has Bigged up!:
23 times
Been Bigged up!:
22 times

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
Previous

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical