piano style keys?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
yellowhighlighter
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am

piano style keys?

Post by yellowhighlighter » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:14 pm

currently i'm not using any MIDI controller. i've been looking at the m-audio axiom series. the akai MPK88 has the keys as well but is a bit out of my price range (a lot out of my price range).

am i missing any models out there and why the hell isn't this a bigger deal?

deadly_habit
Posts: 22980
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:41 am
Location: MURRICA

Re: piano style keys?

Post by deadly_habit » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 pm

yamaha kx8 if you want weighted and 88 keys
been discontinued so can snag for cheap new

User avatar
BananaBomber
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Exeter
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by BananaBomber » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Get The M-AUDIO KEYRIG 49 its great it also comes with ableton live lite 6 :e: http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flyp ... t_id/21213#

User avatar
abZ
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:14 pm
Location: pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by abZ » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:22 pm

what do you mean, it isnt a big deal? There are plenty of options, depends on you want and how much you want to spend. I have the axiom 49. it has bells and whistles and is a good price.

yellowhighlighter
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am

Re: piano style keys?

Post by yellowhighlighter » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:54 pm

i already mentioned the axiom series and the MPK88, deadly recommended the yamaha kx8. i'm wondering are there any other models. prior to this thread i knew of only 2 different options (MPK88, out of my price range, and the axiom series). that doesn't constitute plenty of options to me. to me my options are pretty limited. deadly added another controller and you mentioned the axiom49, i had already mentioned the axoim series in my inital post. and i don't think the m-audio keyrig has piano style keys.

i'm just looking for a cheapish MIDI controller that has piano keys. pads, knobs and sliders aren't important to me.

alex_l
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:03 am

Re: piano style keys?

Post by alex_l » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:07 pm

I was in the market for a weighted 88 key controller. I'll definitely check out that yamaha

User avatar
abZ
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:14 pm
Location: pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by abZ » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 pm

yellowhighlighter wrote:i already mentioned the axiom series and the MPK88, deadly recommended the yamaha kx8. i'm wondering are there any other models. prior to this thread i knew of only 2 different options (MPK88, out of my price range, and the axiom series). that doesn't constitute plenty of options to me. to me my options are pretty limited. deadly added another controller and you mentioned the axiom49, i had already mentioned the axoim series in my inital post. and i don't think the m-audio keyrig has piano style keys.



i'm just looking for a cheapish MIDI controller that has piano keys. pads, knobs and sliders aren't important to me.

LOL just because more options werent mentioned doesnt mean they arent out there. It is better to use google than to make a post. go to guitar center or musicians friend website and have a look. I choose the axiom because I wanted the knobs and sliders I didnt want just a keyboard but that type of thing is all over the net for sale trust me. It really isnt a big deal afterall ;)

User avatar
hurlingdervish
Posts: 2971
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: piano style keys?

Post by hurlingdervish » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

theres a shit load out there

also pretty much every decent practice keyboard made from the 90s on has midi out. im using an old ass yamaha keyboard but its 88 keys, fully weighted, and VERY durable to abuse, i cant say the same for the axiom series. make sure you find one that doesn't feel like a toy, chances are, after a few months it will start to show wear and tear.

yellowhighlighter
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am

Re: piano style keys?

Post by yellowhighlighter » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:52 pm

to me having piano style keys is a big deal. that's why i created a thread about it. i had previously searched various sites and the only results i came up with were the axiom, the MPK and the keystation pro (the MPK and the keystation are out of my price range).

i don't know of plenty of options and that's why i asked the question. is that a big deal?

i'm just looking for a basic and cheap midi keyboard with piano style keys.

if there are so many models available that i'm missing could you please name them?

User avatar
DZA
Posts: 14609
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Notts
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by DZA » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Fatar SL990XP
jackmaster wrote:you went in with this mix.
.onelove. wrote:There needs to be a DZA app on iPhone just for id'ing old Grime tracks.
Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/keepitgully http://www.mixcloud.com/slevarance/

yellowhighlighter
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am

Re: piano style keys?

Post by yellowhighlighter » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:59 pm

thank you

User avatar
abZ
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:14 pm
Location: pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by abZ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:31 am

yellowhighlighter wrote:to me having piano style keys is a big deal. that's why i created a thread about it. i had previously searched various sites and the only results i came up with were the axiom, the MPK and the keystation pro (the MPK and the keystation are out of my price range).

i don't know of plenty of options and that's why i asked the question. is that a big deal?

i'm just looking for a basic and cheap midi keyboard with piano style keys.

if there are so many models available that i'm missing could you please name them?
Behringer
E-mu
CME
Novation
Akai
M-Audio

I just went to the site I told you to go to and bam like magic, pictures and everything!

yellowhighlighter
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am

Re: piano style keys?

Post by yellowhighlighter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 pm

ok you seem to have not understood my question at all.

you've just gone off and listed a bunch of companies who make midi controllers. i'm looking for a midi controller with piano style keys. eg. the axiom series has piano style keys wheras the oxygen series has keyboard/synth style keys. do you understand?

User avatar
abZ
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:14 pm
Location: pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by abZ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:26 pm

yellowhighlighter wrote:ok you seem to have not understood my question at all.

you've just gone off and listed a bunch of companies who make midi controllers. i'm looking for a midi controller with piano style keys. eg. the axiom series has piano style keys wheras the oxygen series has keyboard/synth style keys. do you understand?
You are looking for "weighted keys" refine your search.

yellowhighlighter
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am

Re: piano style keys?

Post by yellowhighlighter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:57 pm

im going to kick you in the face.

User avatar
abZ
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:14 pm
Location: pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by abZ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:36 pm

yellowhighlighter wrote:im going to kick you in the face.
:roll:

Dood you are misunderstood because you are not using the right terminology. And tell me again why going on a website of a music equipment retailer and looking is so hard? Douchebag.

User avatar
DZA
Posts: 14609
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:43 pm
Location: Notts
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by DZA » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:51 pm

:lol: :lol:
jackmaster wrote:you went in with this mix.
.onelove. wrote:There needs to be a DZA app on iPhone just for id'ing old Grime tracks.
Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/keepitgully http://www.mixcloud.com/slevarance/

yellowhighlighter
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am

Re: piano style keys?

Post by yellowhighlighter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:39 pm

abZ wrote:
yellowhighlighter wrote:im going to kick you in the face.
:roll:

Dood you are misunderstood because you are not using the right terminology. And tell me again why going on a website of a music equipment retailer and looking is so hard? Douchebag.
are you being serious? i looked you idiot. can you read? i pointed out my findings in the first post. i'm sorry for using the wrong terminology. did you fucking think i was looking for a midi controller with keys and was too dense to find anything? you must hang around retarded people.

go fuck yourself and i hope you die from swine flu/cancer.

User avatar
abZ
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:14 pm
Location: pittsburgh
Contact:

Re: piano style keys?

Post by abZ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:46 pm

yellowhighlighter wrote:
abZ wrote:
yellowhighlighter wrote:im going to kick you in the face.
:roll:

Dood you are misunderstood because you are not using the right terminology. And tell me again why going on a website of a music equipment retailer and looking is so hard? Douchebag.
are you being serious? i looked you idiot. can you read? i pointed out my findings in the first post. i'm sorry for using the wrong terminology. did you fucking think i was looking for a midi controller with keys and was too dense to find anything? you must hang around retarded people.

go fuck yourself and i hope you die from swine flu/cancer.
You didn't look hard enough. Sorry I tried to help, it won't happen again.

yellowhighlighter
Posts: 600
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am

Re: piano style keys?

Post by yellowhighlighter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:51 pm

i hope it won't happen again. you are shit at helping.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest