HELP FOR A FRUITY LOOPS NOOB!!!! simple question.

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum
kingnaya

HELP FOR A FRUITY LOOPS NOOB!!!! simple question.

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 am

hi guys.. i was just wondering. in reason i like too look at my old reason files collect all the BEST synths ive made in old productions then make a reason file with like 30 diffrent synths and synthlines and save the file so when im making atune in the future i can just go into the reason file and select the synth i think will fit. and is very easy for me too keep things organised.. i was wondering how i would do this in fruity loops....

in reason all i do is right click copy pattern and track. then go into a new instance of reason and paste it and click save... but i have a few questions.

1. i want too save the patch ......WITH THE EFFECTS ON IT.........and.......WITH THE MELODY IVE USED!!!

2. you cant have more then one instances of fruity loops so can i click like 4 diffrent albino or 3 styrus or whatever tracks at the same time.

3. do u know any shortcuts i can use etc. so its just easy for me too learn....

surely i dont have too copy the vst channel state..... then open a new instance. then paste... go back too the original file copy the midi notes.. go back into 2nd file paste the notes and click save etc. there must be an easy way like reason.

Brothulhu

Re: HELP FOR A FRUITY LOOPS NOOB!!!! simple question.

Post by Brothulhu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:42 am

solo the synth track, select the region then render as wav? or is that not what you mean?
Soundcloud
Comfi wrote:I have done nothing more than made shitty dungeon and for that I apologise.

kingnaya

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 am

hell no................ i want too save my fave synth patches and melodys ive used for them into one big flp (for easy access too my sounds)

ChadDub

Post by ChadDub » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:53 am

You go to the arrow in the synth's window that's in the top left, click it and save preset as.

SoundNuisance

Post by SoundNuisance » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:00 am

You can always do what I do. I have project files for sounds. I have one called robots, one called drums, one called random percussion and one called deep sounds. I just open up whatever vst and then set it to a mixer track. Then I apply effects. When you save the project all the work will be saved.
Soundcloud
Soundcloud
All I ask is for you to check my stuff out and give me feedback if you have time. Don't be afraid to click on the link below.
http://soundcloud.com/soundnuisance

kingnaya

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:06 am

YES.... but what if i have thousands of old flp's and i want too pick the best synths i have. and put them all in one biggg ass flp............ I WANT TOO SAVE THE WHOLE CHANNEL... INCLUDING THE PRESET AND THE NOTES........... but like 40 of them. ....... i dnt want too make the synhs from scratch. i want too use ones ive already made from a bunch of previous projects.

ChadDub

Post by ChadDub » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:18 am

Save the mixer state along with the patch.

Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:20 am

ChadDub wrote:Save the mixer state along with the patch.
This and you can copy midi sequences between projects
Soundcloud
Comfi wrote:I have done nothing more than made shitty dungeon and for that I apologise.

kingnaya

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:26 am

so im going too save 3 things individually for each channel then??? the vst patch the mixer patch and the midi notes... and im going too have to do that for EVERYYYYYYY fuckin channel that i want from an flp.................................................... FUCKIN DAFT,,, i actually am physicaly angry now...

in reason i can just higlight 5 diffrent combinators (automaticly saves the tracks with midi in aswel) .............. open a new file.... (without closing the original file) and click paste................... so ur tellin me a 30 second job in reason is going too take me fuckin hours in fruity loops..... wat a load!!

Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:38 am

kingnaya wrote:so im going too save 3 things individually for each channel then??? the vst patch the mixer patch and the midi notes... and im going too have to do that for EVERYYYYYYY fuckin channel that i want from an flp.................................................... FUCKIN DAFT,,, i actually am physicaly angry now...

in reason i can just higlight 5 diffrent combinators (automaticly saves the tracks with midi in aswel) .............. open a new file.... (without closing the original file) and click paste................... so ur tellin me a 30 second job in reason is going too take me fuckin hours in fruity loops..... wat a load!!
Maybe strip each of those project files down to the bit you want and save a new version? Put them all in one folder (or maybe categorise them in different folders) and give them appropriate names. Would be much easier than going through one cluttered project files.

Or just use reason
Soundcloud

kingnaya

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:45 am

Brothulhu wrote:
kingnaya wrote:so im going too save 3 things individually for each channel then??? the vst patch the mixer patch and the midi notes... and im going too have to do that for EVERYYYYYYY fuckin channel that i want from an flp.................................................... FUCKIN DAFT,,, i actually am physicaly angry now...

Maybe strip each of those project files down to the bit you want and save a new version? Put them all in one folder (or maybe categorise them in different folders) and give them appropriate names. Would be much easier than going through one cluttered project files.

Or just use reason
FINALLLYYYYYY a decent answer!!!! this has helps me the most so far. but i would still like just one big massive flp with all my signature synth sounds.... if someone can work out an easy way for me too do this ill send u all the flp!!

ChadDub

Post by ChadDub » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:58 am

Dude, you're a douche.

kingnaya

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:16 am

y? because i want to know a answer too my question... take ya shit tune somwewere else u fuckin fool.

Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:19 am

Jeez I'm regretting trying to help you. If you want help try phrasing/explaining what you want better and not being a tnuc :W:
Soundcloud

ChadDub

Post by ChadDub » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:19 am

No. You're a douche because you're talking like it's our responsibility to give you the answer you want to hear.

kingnaya

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:25 am

well yeah i actually do apoligize ive had a fuckd up night.. completely my fault for talkin like dat.. sorry..

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:04 am

Naya, you're the first person that I've ever heard ask for this. In 13 years...

Try this: open fruity, then open fruity as a vst channel within that fruity. Create a midi clip in the second, the instrument, fruity. Can you drag that midi clip from the instrument fruity into the main fruity?
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

kingnaya

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:08 am

nowaysj wrote:Naya, you're the first person that I've ever heard ask for this. In 13 years...

Try this: open fruity, then open fruity as a vst channel within that fruity. Create a midi clip in the second, the instrument, fruity. Can you drag that midi clip from the instrument fruity into the main fruity?
im not sure mate im so going too try it though.. thanx bro UR AMAZIN!!!!!! hopefully now i can get loads of my synths together... cheers again mate!!

kingnaya

Post by kingnaya » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:12 am

still sounds really complicado tho.. and i dnt know how too open a fruity inside fruity.... would i be able too open my main flp.. the one were i store all my synth presets and midi........ and then open the other flps that im taking the synths from and just copy and paste into my main flp? its subtle tiny little things like this that would make my life easier... like i stil dnt understand why i cant just drag a wav into my redrum.. its the lil things that keep ma workflow speedy

Hertz

Post by Hertz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:15 am

I don't see the reasoning in having 40 lead synths in one flp, maybe I am missing something?