Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

"Radio Shows Forum" What are the Rules?

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby Atari-420 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:40 am

What do you want posted there?
Is it for hype threads only?
or for recordings too?
will all radio hype threads be moved to this forum? (esp the irregular forum posters?)
are all radio hype threads now banned from the main forum?
what do you want posted in the mixes forums? just bedroom sets and live sets? with radio sets in the radio shows forum?
:?:
Atari-420

Postby dj $hy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:54 am

Can a mod ansa?

Please dont tell me we now have to advertise our shows in a completly hiden place now... I mean I thought we had agreed to shows going up two days before the show...

Can we have a clear ansa please?
dj $hy

Gatwick, Hanger 16 Near Itchy Robots Hanger...

Postby Atari-420 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:58 am

DJ $hy wrote:Can a mod ansa?

Please dont tell me we now have to advertise our shows in a completly hiden place now... I mean I thought we had agreed to shows going up two days before the show...

Can we have a clear ansa please?

yep this had been agreed (and a number of peeps, i shan't name, constantly break that rule) which is y i assume they wanna do this divide an conquer style policing now.
a full in detail guide wud be very helpful
btw what wil the main forum become? roll-call threads, discussions on 2d and ..... er..... um yeh
Atari-420

Postby threnody » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:09 pm

You will need to create radio threads in a veiled way...sort of like Prime Minister's QuestionTime.....

i.e....

Thread Topic: Skream - 2D........
Content: ......Is 2D just a preset and was it actually composed by Native Instruments? Decide yourself when I play it on my show over at X/N/Y FM tonight at 6am-12pm UK time.....

;)

Certainly would be good to know what the official word is. I think it is a shame to marginalise the smaller shows from the more in your face marketing of the main board. It really doesn't matter too much if people have to scroll past a few hype threads to get to the juicy content they are after....they don't have to read them! The first page of the main forum has threads dating back to Friday afternoon so really not too laborious to use the scroll button.

At the same time i think it is nice and neat to have the radio threads easily identifiable in a separate forum but I don't think many people will bother looking.....if someone thinks I want to listen to a show then maybe they will search but it will take away the casual listener who is surfing the web and sees the show is on now and clicks the link to check it. If people are too lazy to scroll past a hype thread to get to the bottom of the main forum then they will be FAR too lazy to check a different forum altogether!!!

Good to see the other music forum back tho!
To book for a live/DJ please email threnody@threnody.co.uk

Releases on:-
Big Dada / Slime / Red Volume / Creative Space / Urban Graffiti / Dubkraft / Rottun / Combat / UK Trends / L2S / Furioso / Yellow Machines

http://www.threnody.co.uk
http://www.uktrendsmusic.co.uk

SUB FM - Thursday Night 10pm-12am
threnody
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Postby Atari-420 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:12 pm

threnody wrote:I don't think many people will bother looking.....if someone thinks I want to listen to a show then maybe they will search but it will take away the casual listener who is surfing the web and sees the show is on now and clicks the link to check it. If people are too lazy to scroll past a hype thread to get to the bottom of the main forum then they will be FAR too lazy to check a different forum altogether!!!
Atari-420

Postby dj $hy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:14 pm

This is just a classic "I dont have a show so dont care" approch!

So now we have to advertise a show in new area out of the way of ALL new users, anyone who just browses the forum!

I mean of all the shit ideas this has to top it! We'd been through this already and had all agreed a process so why the sudden change?

My 2 pence.

Agreed we have a lot of shows going on BUT for one isnt that the main part of Dubstep? DJ'in, doing shows, pushing sound? We can't post about our releases in here, have a seperate area for Dubs so what is left to talk about in the main Dubstep section? Anything not Dubstep? Bigin up tunes?

So the ppl who work hard doing shows n pushing Dubstep get pushed out of teh way for what? To make it easier to browse the waste post's? The 8-10 pages of chat with has lil to no relevants to the music!

No offence intended here but I think ppl should think about it a lil. We as DJ's push Dubstep. Now your pushing the DJ's out of the way so how will that help push the sound?

Who is moaning so much that this had to change?
dj $hy

Postby thomas » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:16 pm

While we are on a witch hunt type thing.

Can i request a fix to the search function or somthing, or a guide. Because i cant seem to find ANYTHING when i search...its prob the reason topics are repeated daily.
thomas

Postby the wiggle baron » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:19 pm

I think the idea is that the dubstep section is for discussions involving dubstep rather than an umbrella "all other topics" which it has really been up till now.

It might take a while for people to get used to it, but it just means if you are going to check some radio, have a nose in there and see if anything takes your fancy, or as ill probably just end up doing, have a look in there everytime I check on here, and if something looks good take note!

In fact, imo I think im going to be more likely to notice shows now, as recently (with the amount of them flooding this board, not that its a bad thing!) I find myself quickly scanning the dubstep section, not even reading anything I see with the word "radio" or "something.fm" in it. (unless im looking for something to listen to, in which case ill go to the radio board from now on!)
Saturday nights 7-9pm GMT - Wiggle Baron @ SubFM!

Radio archive: http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=60164.html
Mixes: http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=63354
Electronic Explorations 035
Deeper Mix
Bad Mood Dub
2hr Classics Selection
the wiggle baron

Postby spooKs » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:23 pm

Thomas wrote:While we are on a witch hunt type thing.

Can i request a fix to the search function or somthing, or a guide. Because i cant seem to find ANYTHING when i search...its prob the reason topics are repeated daily.

it's probably cos you don't select search for ALL terms rather than search for ANY terms
spooKs

Postby Atari-420 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:28 pm

The Wiggle Baron wrote:I think the idea is that the dubstep section is for discussions involving dubstep

i was under the impression that the discussion related to a dubstep dj/producer playing dubstep tunes on a dubstep station to a dubstep crowd would be classed "dubstep related" :wink:
Atari-420

Postby the wiggle baron » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:32 pm

Atari-420 wrote:
The Wiggle Baron wrote:I think the idea is that the dubstep section is for discussions involving dubstep

i was under the impression that the discussion related to a dubstep dj/producer playing dubstep tunes on a dubstep station to a dubstep crowd would be classed "dubstep related"

Yeah, but they aint discussions are they? Its just an announcement about a radio show followed by alot of people saying variations on the word "locked".

If there was a thread, say "My my, wasnt <DJs> show last night absoloutely amazing, what was <X> tune?" then yeah, that fits right into the dubstep board.

Deeper Mix
Bad Mood Dub
2hr Classics Selection
the wiggle baron

Postby dj $hy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:33 pm

Atari-420 wrote:

i was under the impression that the discussion related to a dubstep dj/producer playing dubstep tunes on a dubstep station to a dubstep crowd would be classed "dubstep related"

:lol:
dj $hy

Postby Atari-420 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:42 pm

will this whole thing be policed as effectivly as the "post new releases in the new releases sticky" :lol:
one of the thing that most bugs is that it will prob be people who arent mods becoming mods to police the system they dont like.
eg what if you see a thread that is advertising a show in the main forum? how long till it gets moved, and even if it does get moved theres a "Moved" link in the main forum anyway!
and the only people who will want it moved are the people who are following the rule!
everyone else will be "oh theres show on blah blah fm"
Last edited by Atari-420 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atari-420

Postby westernsynthetics » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:43 pm

can we do both? i dont have a show, but im kean on the idea of a seperate forum for shows, as i think they will be easier to find. But i think radio shows shouldnt be excluded from the Dubstep forum either...
westernsynthetics

Postby Atari-420 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:45 pm

i love how no mods are answering :lol:
Atari-420

Postby dj $hy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:49 pm

OMG is it that hard to skip a post? I mean you dont HAVE to read each one right?

If you take a look at the posts in the forum now and take out the radio hypes plus the Dubs n releases n check what you have left.....

Can you really call whats left information on Dubstep? OR is it just ppl saying I had a mad one @ such n such n this DJ's heavy!

The blood n guts of dubstep seem to be removed for jibber!
dj $hy

Postby the wiggle baron » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:00 pm

Well I think thats kind of the point! Why have it all in one block when you can spread it out more?

I think people feel that radio show announcements are being sidelined, or desiregarded or whatever because they are being moved out of the holy, cover all "dubstep" section. After a while people will soon see that the dubstep section is only a small fraction of this forum, and will step back and see the rest of it! (I probably spend the majority of my time browsing the mixes section tbh, most stuff I want is in there! Oh...and secret ninja hideout...but thats more a problem than anything else :lol: )

And also, as dubstep gets bigger, more and more radio stations will appear/start playing dubstep (:D), and its only a matter of time before the dubstep section would become clogged with radio show announcements. I guess dubway is just getting ready before it happens!

Deeper Mix
Bad Mood Dub
2hr Classics Selection
the wiggle baron

Postby thomas » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:06 pm

spooKs wrote:
Thomas wrote:While we are on a witch hunt type thing.

it's probably cos you don't select search for ALL terms rather than search for ANY terms

Thanks, still found it impossible to search for 2d...but its much easier now i know that.
thomas

Postby Atari-420 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm

The Wiggle Baron wrote:Well I think thats kind of the point! Why have it all in one block when you can spread it out more?

I think people feel that radio show announcements are being sidelined, or desiregarded or whatever because they are being moved out of the holy, cover all "dubstep" section. After a while people will soon see that the dubstep section is only a small fraction of this forum, and will step back and see the rest of it! (I probably spend the majority of my time browsing the mixes section tbh, most stuff I want is in there! Oh...and secret ninja hideout...but thats more a problem than anything else :lol: )

And also, as dubstep gets bigger, more and more radio stations will appear/start playing dubstep (:D), and its only a matter of time before the dubstep section would become clogged with radio show announcements. I guess dubway is just getting ready before it happens!

essentially dubway can do what he likes (its his place) and peeps know my persy opinion ;)
i go back to my main query, what are the rules?
who is gonna enforce it?
will the moved threads have "Moved" in the main forum?
where do radio show archives go?
when is this gonna come into permanent effect?
how broad is this new rule? eg. new shows? where to announce them?
etc etc....
Atari-420

Postby ufo over easy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:26 pm

I have no problem with this really... but I do think there's a problem on here with the folks in charge of the site possibly thinking change automatically = progress? How many reshuffles have we had recently? Have they all been that helpful? How long will it be before all this is reorganised again?

You need to give people time to learn to navigate the site properly - if everything gets changed up every month, people get confused. Additionally you need to give people enough time to start using the sub-forums rather than just the main one - the reason most people just browse Dubstep at the moment is that the sub-forums haven't been given enough time in a solid format.
:d:
ufo over easy

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
Next

Return to General Discussion