LIVE - FWD @ The End

archives of radio shows, promo mixes, podcasts, studio mixes, live mixes
Forum rules
By using this "Mixes" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.
beatsmiff

LIVE - FWD @ The End

Post by beatsmiff » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Does anyone know if this streamed live, and did anyone record it?

corpsey

Post by corpsey » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:20 pm

I'd like the Kode and Youngsta sets

mark_w_lax

Post by mark_w_lax » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:16 pm

i know the end record a lot of sets and post them on their website. they have lots of dnb sets on there, and some other stuff too. i hope some of last night was recorded.

blackdown
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by blackdown » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:05 pm

Ammo recorded both rooms :)
Keysound Recordings, Rinse FM, http://www.blackdownsoundboy.blogspot.com, sub, edge, bars, groove, swing...

jaime

Post by jaime » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:07 pm

thats great news that

Sub Shifter

Post by Sub Shifter » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:20 am

anyone got links for that :?:

darkside

Post by darkside » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:27 am

Both rooms were recorded!

I doubt they will be published on the web....an event like that deserves a CD Pack Release..... :P
GetDarkerTV
LIVE on Tuesdays 7pm-10pm

http://www.GetDarker.com
http://www.twitter.com/djdarkside

thomas

Post by thomas » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:46 am

Yes, i would love a copy of this night. Missed too much and cant remember enuff. Deffo would be willing to pay too

EDIT
Last time i use WAP
Last edited by thomas on Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

rubin

Post by rubin » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:49 am

DARKSIDE wrote:Both rooms were recorded!

I doubt they will be published on the web....an event like that deserves a CD Pack Release..... :P
you know it.

big dubstep raves need to get on this. musty be a massive market out there. used to buy nuff dnb and jungle packs back in the day.

this needs to happen!!
The fool chatters... But the wise man listens.

q_vazk

Post by q_vazk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:22 am

I'm sorry... I may be a little 'over the top' regarding this matter...
But why on earth would you think an 'event' deserves a 'cd pack release'??!!
Just... Make me understand please! What kind of effort gets put into mixing at a live event that deserves so much remuneration in addition to the tickets sold and the dj's fee?!...
I mean, are you all really that "money greedy"?

plastician
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by plastician » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:57 am

It's a nice memento to have if u were there, a nice boxed set with the flyer on the front, all the discs logo'd up and that

q_vazk

Post by q_vazk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:47 am

Don't get me wrong... I'd like some of those myself. Like you already said, it would make a helluva memento... But, make it something like "very limited edition", sell it at events (not in pawnshops...) and after a little while release it freely on the web as mp3 (and if you really mean to keep it 'bitchy' make it a 64k stream).

ashley
Permanent Vacation

Post by ashley » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:39 am

q_vazk wrote:Don't get me wrong... I'd like some of those myself. Like you already said, it would make a helluva memento... But, make it something like "very limited edition", sell it at events (not in pawnshops...) and after a little while release it freely on the web as mp3 (and if you really mean to keep it 'bitchy' make it a 64k stream).
It was a big night...probably one of the biggest so far..

Pure Temptations and all that get a CD pack, so why not FWD @ THE END?

q_vazk

Post by q_vazk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:10 am

Because in the manner that they envision it is just... plain... wrong! ...

scoz

Post by scoz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:31 pm

which they envisioning? the punters wanting it or "fwd / rinse"?

You seem to be reading far more into it than I can see. What's wrong with a few of the punters wanting it? How is it they are "money greedy" if they want to spend money on something?

As far as I can see no one from Fwd/Rinse have said anything about charging for it, it's just the punters who have said something about wanting it.

Perhaps you are envisioning it wrong.

q_vazk

Post by q_vazk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:40 pm

I never defined 'they' so it can be anybody... The djs, the punters, the organizers... doesn't matter.
And yes, these 'punters' could be trying to make it 'something to pay for' just because they feel like bragging to less fortunate fellas about their 'signed' original FWD boxset or smth on which they popped 'mommy's' quid on..
Anyway, what I'm trying to say that such events (on which tickets get sold, and so in fact both the organizers and the 'performers' get remunerated) should be made available free of charge on the internet not recorded and SOLD.

BaronVon

Post by BaronVon » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:44 pm

q_vazk wrote:I'm sorry... I may be a little 'over the top' regarding this matter...
But why on earth would you think an 'event' deserves a 'cd pack release'??!!
Just... Make me understand please! What kind of effort gets put into mixing at a live event that deserves so much remuneration in addition to the tickets sold and the dj's fee?!...
I mean, are you all really that "money greedy"?
I may be being a little presumptious here but you sound like you have little grasp of the traditions of rave culture.Back in the day every big rave was followed by a tape pack.I have hundreds of tapes cluttering up my house and they all hold memories for me.Ive always wondered why Dubstep hasn't embraced this traditon.I would kill to get my hands on the Exodus/DMZ nights i have been to.Yes weve got the internet and lots of sets are passed on through there but i would like to have a physical product in my hand with the flyer artwork.
tr0tsky wrote: InI man nuh go to nah rasclot independent ethnic butchers seen.
Selassie-I man shop in Morrisons.

q_vazk

Post by q_vazk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:48 pm

And what did I say? Make it available both ways > for the 'crazy' obsessed with memories ravers -> a CD/tape/vinil or whatever their heart desire. And for the eskimo living at the north pole release a stream/download (even lo-fi).

dutty yuppie

Post by dutty yuppie » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:55 pm

q_vazk wrote:so in fact both the organizers and the 'performers' get remunerated) should be made available free of charge on the internet not recorded and SOLD.
How about remuneration for the producers of the tracks. They're not getting any from the night being put on so, logistics aside, why not charge for a pack that potentially remunerates them?

q_vazk

Post by q_vazk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:20 pm

What the....
That's utterly bizarre... But anyway, like I said - release it bothways... Oh, sorry! Threeways now and bring peace to everyone!
-and, if it matters still, I thought producers make money 'the other way'!