Dub Fiend - (dub)Conscious EP Track Previews

unsigned forum members' tracks & place for feedback
Forum rules
By using this "Dubs" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Production Forum
Dub_Fiend

Dub Fiend - (dub)Conscious EP Track Previews

Post by Dub_Fiend » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:05 am

Hey all,

Got three clips of tracks that I'm working on for my new EP titled '(dub)Conscious' that I wanted to share with you :)

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Thoughts, criticisms and compliments all welcomed!
Last edited by Dub_Fiend on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cloak and dagger wrote:number of posts on dsf = directly proportional to importance in the dubstep scene
| Facebook Page | Twitter | Soundcloud |

New release! Check 'Murda' on Monkey Dub Recordings, available at most digital music outlets!
Soundcloud

Tekvision

Re: Dub Fiend - (dub)Conscious EP Track Previews

Post by Tekvision » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:18 am

I really like the intro of the first track, it builds up perfectly to the really nice and vibey "drop". I don't really like the snare you chose to use, but overall the track is really nicely done, and has some serious vibes going on :W:

Vibes on the second track are also pretty nice, but the drum samples aren't really my cup of tea and the drum pattern could use some variation.

Both of the tracks have really nice atmosphere, they're clean (mixwise) and they move forward really nicely.
These are my two cents, keep it up :4:

Dub_Fiend

Post by Dub_Fiend » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:41 am

Thanks for the feedback! :D Will be tweaking them a little before I put the entire EP up in full, feel they're probably about 90% complete so I felt they could do with being showcased :)
cloak and dagger wrote:number of posts on dsf = directly proportional to importance in the dubstep scene

New release! Check 'Murda' on Monkey Dub Recordings, available at most digital music outlets!
Soundcloud

Tektrix

Post by Tektrix » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:56 am

Really like the atmosphere and production on both these tracks, very chilled. Looking forward to the EP.

Jon87a

Post by Jon87a » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Nice and mellow :)

Samuel_L_Damnson

Post by Samuel_L_Damnson » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:19 pm

yea both sound really lush and have fat basslines.
Soundcloud
Collaborative project with kai li:
http://soundcloud.com/genrli

Dub_Fiend

Post by Dub_Fiend » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:31 am

Thanks a lot guys, loving the positive vibes of your feedback :) More track previews will follow, just gotta get working on them ;)

Soundcloud

Wick Effect

Post by Wick Effect » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Great mixdown on both tracks. Everything stands out nicely! I really like the groove in "sea of stars". Good job!

khaoto

Post by khaoto » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:35 pm

well done. nice flow and clear mix. in my opinion the bassline on "sea of stars" could have a bit more of the high frequencies (:

Dub_Fiend

Post by Dub_Fiend » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks for the positive comments again guys :D Nuff love up in this thread!

Soundcloud

fiveone

Post by fiveone » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:38 pm

fantastic tracks, i enjoyed both. the first track has vibes, and i like the snare you've used. great old skool vibes.

the second one sounds a little thin i feel though. the snare definitely could use some tweaking! the vocal adds a lot to the track, almost a kahn-like atmosphere. big!

Dub_Fiend

Post by Dub_Fiend » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:24 am

oner_music wrote:fantastic tracks, i enjoyed both. the first track has vibes, and i like the snare you've used. great old skool vibes.

the second one sounds a little thin i feel though. the snare definitely could use some tweaking! the vocal adds a lot to the track, almost a kahn-like atmosphere. big!
Thanks for the comments man :D Yeah some work is needed to fine-tune the tracks but I'm happy with how they are at the moment :) Glad you're feeling them! :D

Soundcloud

Dub_Fiend

Post by Dub_Fiend » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi guys! There's a new track preview for the EP that I've just dropped on Soundcloud entitled 'Parity', check it out below (it's also in the first post now too)

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Tekvision

Post by Tekvision » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:35 am

The new track sounds really good! I love the bassline and the vibes are excellent as usual. Just as I was beginning to think that it lacks atmosphere, the glassy pluck sounds takeover and it's just what I was looking for =) Great job!

Kotei_Sounds

Post by Kotei_Sounds » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:20 pm

these are all really nice, my favourite is the 2nd one (all my wrongs)
Follow my Soundcloud and follow for updates!

http://soundcloud.com/koteisounds

Soundcloud

Dub_Fiend

Post by Dub_Fiend » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Much love for the comments guys! Glad you're liking the tracks :D

Soundcloud

Dub_Fiend

Post by Dub_Fiend » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:41 pm

New track previews are up in the top post; check out Exigent and Fault Her and let me know what you think people ;)

Soundcloud

Numo

Post by Numo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:35 pm

I like the third track a lot. Overall, I would pay a little more attention to the mix of the drums, they need to stand out a bit more. The drums on the 4th track are nice, they have a little more swing to them..
Numo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Follow Up, on Soundcloud.
Soundcloud

Tekvision

Post by Tekvision » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:19 am

Ok somehow I missed your update on this. I quite like the drums on exigent, and the whole vibe is cool. I loove Fault her. The melody is nice, the vibe is excellent and the breaky bizness is really good and fits amazingly. Both tracks are mixed pretty nicely imo. :) Good job once again!

Graydon

Post by Graydon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:54 am

Your first 4 tracks are alright, but the one that stood out for me was Fault Her, the drums really compliment the basslines and melody, and it flows really well.