2nd Song on my Souncloud

unsigned forum members' tracks & place for feedback
Forum rules
By using this "Dubs" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Production Forum
crackpot

2nd Song on my Souncloud

Post by crackpot » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Soundcloud
Let me know what you guys think, no drop is the same :)
i am looking for mixing and mastering tips but any feedback will do thanks

binakversailles

Re: 2nd Song on my Souncloud

Post by binakversailles » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:38 pm

I think this mix needs some work. The main synth line is way too overpowering and its cluttering the tune. You need to try and balance all the elements in the tune a little more so they complement each other. At the moment it's just a sawtooth punching me in the face and its kind of exhausting to listen to. Try taking some high end off the synth, lowering its volume a bit and balancing it with the pad-y synth in the background. The drums are sounding good in the mix though, just try to add some more variation in the programming and perhaps some more swing.

Keep it up, great effort!

HigherDose

Post by HigherDose » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:55 pm

Definitely need to lower the synth volume on that main synth or like dude said take some high end off of it. Also maybe try adding some more sub bass to those grimey sounding parts on some of the drops. Interesting song though. Really not to bad at all for a second attempt you seem like a quick learner. I'd give you mastering advice but this is something I'm still working really hard on atm it's the main thing holding me back. Good luck and keep making music you got potential.

crackpot

Post by crackpot » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:09 pm

thanks man, you couldn't message a link over could you?
or do we not do that here =P

RexPopuli

Post by RexPopuli » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Not bad, I can't really say anything someone else hasn't already said, so the thing for me is more drum activity. They are a bit boring for me. Mixing and mastering is very tedious and requires a lot of time and focus. Just experiment with various eqs, compressors, saturators and limiters and all that fun stuff.

crackpot

Post by crackpot » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:47 pm

will do, thanks for the feedback! Yea I have some serious experimenting to do!

Kaiziak

Post by Kaiziak » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

I love your melody :)

crackpot

Post by crackpot » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:11 pm