"'headbuster'" [dubstep] check it out!

unsigned forum members' tracks & place for feedback
Forum rules
By using this "Dubs" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Production Forum
quantum77z

"'headbuster'" [dubstep] check it out!

Post by quantum77z » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:34 am

hi hi, this is my first post here and i'll surely check out a lot of these tunes cause i've been meaning to comb these forums for a long time actually, but anyways i just made this over the past few days and i'm anxious to get some feedback whether it be positive or negative.

what can i say this is just a straightforward bass tune, has anime samples in it, please have a listen :corndance:

Soundcloud

Graydon

Re: "'headbuster'" [dubstep] check it out!

Post by Graydon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:35 am

Not really diggin this man, but an alright attempt.

I can't really feel any subbass apart from your kicks, which is a bit too quiet. Your snare is also pretty weak, and far too panned for my taste.

I'm also not a huge fan at the anime samples, not really my cup of tea there. May want to add in some vocal effects to give it a more cyborg / or natural feel. They sort of stick out too much for me.

Your synths are somethin different forsure, but I feel like they could be patterned better for your drop. Sorta just sounds like you threw in a buncha different wobbles and tried to make it progress, which is kind of does, but not as well as it could.

You may wanna look up some tuts around the forum or youtube for dubstep production, to give your tune some character and structure.

This may be sorta harsh, seeing as the brostep-ish sound really isn't my jam anyway. Hope it helps, however.

quantum77z

Re: "'headbuster'" [dubstep] check it out!

Post by quantum77z » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:19 am

oh yeah it helps i appreciate the feedback and the listen. you're right there isn't much sub bass...idk why i just didn't put any in :P sometimes i use a lot of sub bass.

and yeah if you don't dig the samples/vibe i totally understand that, i get into some pretty weird stuff sometimes haha. but yeah i take your advice to heart man i will surely hit up some tutorials again at some point.