Worlds highest paid dubstep DJ is...

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
phobic

Post by phobic » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:53 am

so why is it ok for u to ask DJ's on here what they get paid at FWD/Ministry/Fabric/local dubstep night but its not ok for you to answer...sounds a bit hipocritical to me "mate"

sort out your attitude

djshiva

Post by djshiva » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:57 am

epithet wrote:
Blackdown wrote:i think the subtext to this thread, that might have been getting lost in worldwide cultural translation, is that it's rude in the UK to ask someone how much they earn.
ah hah. Cheers for that blackdown. I understand it's rude to ask a person how much they make but i was more trying to ask the employer how much they pay. That's fairly normal ?
um well in this case it amounts to much the same thing, doesn't it? usually it's the artists and agents setting the price, so the question ends up back in the same place that started all the hooha to begin with.

at this point i would say cut your losses and be done with it. it's pretty obvious most people here seem to think the question is at least in poor taste, even if the intent was innocent.
Here, have a free tune:
Soundcloud

epithet
Permanent Vacation

Post by epithet » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:08 am

Sort your own out phobic. I'm not asking DJ's what they get paid. I'm asking what the clubs are prepared to pay and how that differs from place to place. I can see you got a handle on this reading thing but seem to be struggling wit h the comprehension. Why is that ?

And no sapphic. I would imagine there is a difference between what a club pays or is willing to pay and what an agent asks for or the take home pay of a DJ after overheads and tax. If i were to ask what a DJ got paid I'd be more interested in what the average annual income is for a pro dubstep DJ inclusive of stuff like releases, tours, merchandise and see how that compares with DJ's in other genres.

wil?

Post by wil? » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:13 am

ok...to try and end it...

most clubs wont have a set price for djs...they will have a budget for an event which (in the case of fabric) could be spread amaong 20 djs...in this case it would be almost impossible to work out and would vary massively...esp if you take into account the dif entry fees you would pay at dif clubs....

in terms of dif countries...somewhere along the line someone has to pay for travel...uk to us for example is going to cost a fair amount...that is where the agents earn there money, as if they have a number of requests from promoters in one country they can organise a tour to minimise the cost to promoters and traveling for the dj...again a fee my vary massively for a one off gig compared to part of a tour...

festivals are a whole other matter...the costs to put them on (PAs lighting etc) that a club would not have makes it impossible to judge...

trying to work all this stuff out is an agents job...

hope this answers some of your questions even if they were pretty tasteless...

phobic

Post by phobic » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:28 am

I comprehend....Epithet = wasteman
FWIW I'm not a DJ have no intention of ever being one
so whats the fascination and y u still being persistant to this cause afer 11 pages of being told u fuck off and mind your own...seems like the one with comprehension problems is u otherwise u would have crawled under a rock a long time ago!

epithet
Permanent Vacation

Post by epithet » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:35 am

^^now that really is rude and ugly. So just fuck right off with that shit you tosspot.

Thanks for that wil.

But tasteless ? Flavoursome i'd say. One needs to value not only the sweet things but the bitter and sour as well. It makes for a spicy melange of a discussion. Spice after all extends life, the spice expands consciousness, the spice is vital to space travel. For some it gives them the ability to fold space. That is travel to any part of the universe without moving. 8)

seckle

Post by seckle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:37 am

ok. unlocked now.

hey guys, let's discuss things calmly please. insults don't help the discussion at all.