just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Locked
User avatar
knifedreams
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 am
Location: los angeles
Contact:

just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

Post by knifedreams » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:47 pm

..and it went off!

i've been playing drum'n'bass for something like 7-8 years and this is the first time i've really been excited about some new music in a while.

was playing an all d'n'b night in raleigh, north carolina and we dropped down to mid-tempo for a bit, played some hardcore and nu-breaks and then i dropped some s & d, toasty, vex'd, etc.

it was a small weekly, 60-70 people, but they were all feeling it.

just wanted to thank everybody involved with this blog and board for keeping me up on some shit i would otherwise know fuck all about living here in the US. i've been on it ever since i heard joe nice play in front of about 4 people a while back.

respect to all ya'll

User avatar
joenicedj
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

Post by joenicedj » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:55 pm

knifedreams wrote:..and it went off!

i've been playing drum'n'bass for something like 7-8 years and this is the first time i've really been excited about some new music in a while.

was playing an all d'n'b night in raleigh, north carolina and we dropped down to mid-tempo for a bit, played some hardcore and nu-breaks and then i dropped some s & d, toasty, vex'd, etc.

it was a small weekly, 60-70 people, but they were all feeling it.

just wanted to thank everybody involved with this blog and board for keeping me up on some shit i would otherwise know fuck all about living here in the US. i've been on it ever since i heard joe nice play in front of about 4 people a while back.

respect to all ya'll
you know...i think i remember that night. long time ago....wow. good times regardless.....

By the way...i love North (woo) Carolina.

User avatar
knifedreams
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 am
Location: los angeles
Contact:

Post by knifedreams » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:57 pm

yeah cooper brought you and your crew out to ringside.

i think i might actually have some pictures, i'll go dig thru my shit.

i miss his ass man, he's in frisco now.

but i'm about to head out to LA for good so i'm sure i'll bump into him.

know anything about the scene on the westcoast?

User avatar
knifedreams
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 am
Location: los angeles
Contact:

Post by knifedreams » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:09 pm

haha, here we go:

here's you meeting my girl:
Image
chattin it up out front:
Image
burnin the place down:
Image

User avatar
joenicedj
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Post by joenicedj » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:15 pm

Old school pics.....wow.
how about me rocking the "limited edition" GourmetBeats tshirt...

ha !

User avatar
random trio
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Posts: 1447
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: croydon, uk
Contact:

Post by random trio » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:44 pm

look happy in the last pic joe :lol:

pompende
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:57 am
Location: 38104
Contact:

Re: just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

Post by pompende » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:01 pm

knifedreams wrote: was playing an all d'n'b night in raleigh, north carolina

Ye! north carolina crew is up

User avatar
knifedreams
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 am
Location: los angeles
Contact:

Re: just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

Post by knifedreams » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:03 pm

pompende wrote:
knifedreams wrote: was playing an all d'n'b night in raleigh, north carolina

Ye! north carolina crew is up
haha, where you at?

User avatar
joenicedj
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

Post by joenicedj » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:08 pm

pompende wrote:Ye! north carolina crew is up
big.


it's all about Biscuitville.

User avatar
knifedreams
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 am
Location: los angeles
Contact:

Re: just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

Post by knifedreams » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:12 pm

joenice wrote:
pompende wrote:Ye! north carolina crew is up
big.


it's all about Biscuitville.
fuck yes, i would kill a man for a sack of biscuits and gravy right now.

User avatar
joenicedj
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

Post by joenicedj » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:46 pm

knifedreams wrote:
joenice wrote:
pompende wrote:Ye! north carolina crew is up
big.


it's all about Biscuitville.
fuck yes, i would kill a man for a sack of biscuits and gravy right now.
believe me...i know all about biscuitville.

same goes for WaffleHouse.

User avatar
knifedreams
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 am
Location: los angeles
Contact:

Re: just played out dubstep for the first time last night...

Post by knifedreams » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:58 pm

joenice wrote:
knifedreams wrote:
joenice wrote:
pompende wrote:Ye! north carolina crew is up
big.


it's all about Biscuitville.
fuck yes, i would kill a man for a sack of biscuits and gravy right now.
believe me...i know all about biscuitville.

same goes for WaffleHouse.
man, back in my hometown i live 2 blocks from a wafflehouse. i used to wake up mashed up as fuck from the night before, ring them up and order some breakfast and that shit was waiting for me when i got there.

SORTED!

pompende
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:57 am
Location: 38104
Contact:

Post by pompende » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:44 pm

im stuck in asheville right now, and believe it or not, theres not a single fucking biscuitville up here. bojangles really does not compare...

for real tho, kniffah, send me a message, lemme know about your rave, im gonna be back in the triangle next week.

luke.envoy
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:41 pm

Post by luke.envoy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:46 am

respect to u.s soldiers!

pra3torian
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by pra3torian » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:12 am

knifedreams,

I live in LA, been spinning/listening to dubstep for about a month (been spinning d n' b off and on for about 2 - 3 years).

There's not much of a scene out here yet, but there are a few parties that I go to (downtown area) where the heads would definitely be open to the sound. A few of the regular dj's at these parties are labelmates of Vex'd on Planet Mu ( edIT and Eight Frozen Modules) , so people would definitely know whats up and be down to hear some tunes. Hit me up when you get here, I can get you more information about when the next one is.

I'm actually gonna play my first dubstep set at a friend's party on New Year's, so we'll see how the reaction is.

Welcome to LA!

User avatar
knifedreams
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 am
Location: los angeles
Contact:

Post by knifedreams » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:16 am

nice one man, thanks for the info.

i'll drop you a message

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests