Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

PUT YOUR WORKS-IN-PROGRESS HERE FOR FEEDBACK.

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby deadly_habit » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:41 pm

inspired from the doa grid thread a place to show off those work in progresses
my latest
Drunken Drummer
http://www.zshare.net/audio/53570458dd3d86e9/
deadly_habit
 
Posts:
22980
Joined:
Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am
Location:
MURRICA

Postby the good doctor » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:44 pm

<a>http://www.mediafire.com/?miwiqqeomml</a>
User avatar
the good doctor
 
Posts:
173
Joined:
Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:24 pm
Location:
portland OREGON usa

Postby deadly_habit » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:47 pm

the good doctor wrote:<a>http://www.mediafire.com/?miwiqqeomml</a>

heh reminds me of the resident evil movies for some reason
digging the distorted kicks was bout to do one with similar feel but ended up starting drunken drummer today
heh i keep waiting for a twisting reese to come in though
keep it up man like where it's going
deadly_habit
 
Posts:
22980
Joined:
Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am
Location:
MURRICA

Postby ELLFIVEDEE » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:01 am

I like the pitch changes in the drunken drummer tune, pretty cool.

That frogs tune is coming along nicely too :)


I'm posting this, first tune I have ever bother to sit down and carry on with so it builds up a whole song structure. It still has a very long way to go, but any feedback would be very much appreciated as it's pretty much my first tune. Will be doing more work on it over the weekend before I have to go back to 6am starts!

LINK

*awaits abuse* :lol:
Last edited by ELLFIVEDEE on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Largin' up Alpacas, each n every.
http://www.myspace.com/l5d
http://www.soundcloud.com/ellfivedee
One Love Records / Dubstortion Records
Dubpressure / AKA AKA ROAR / Vagabondz / Resonance / Proper Gander / Future Dub / Analogue
AKA L5D
User avatar
ELLFIVEDEE
 
Posts:
1131
Joined:
Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:53 am
Location:
Surrey

Postby deadly_habit » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:09 am

L5D wrote:I like the pitch changes in the drunken drummer tune, pretty cool.

That frogs tune is coming along nicely too :)


I'm posting this, first tune I have ever bother to sit down and carry on with so it builds up a whole song structure. It still has a very long way to go, but any feedback would be very much appreciated as it's pretty much my first tune. Will be doing more work on it over the weekend before I have to go back to 6am starts!

LINK

*awaits abuse* :lol:

thanks i have yet to touch the res control yet either
thankfully i have a rapidshare premium account, but i'd use zshare next time
off the bat i'd add some hats or something dj friendly in intro
i honestly thought that file haddened opened and sound was on the twilight zone ep i was watching :lol:
drums could use some coming up in the mix but the bass hits nice
def my choppage vibe though really dig it and the minimalism i'd add some strings in it personally after a bit
keep me updated on this man 8)
deadly_habit
 
Posts:
22980
Joined:
Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am
Location:
MURRICA

Postby ELLFIVEDEE » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:18 am

Deadly Habit wrote:off the bat i'd add some hats or something dj friendly in intro
i honestly thought that file haddened opened and sound was on the twilight zone ep i was watching :lol:
drums could use some coming up in the mix but the bass hits nice
def my choppage vibe though really dig it and the minimalism i'd add some strings in it personally after a bit
keep me updated on this man 8)


I've editted it and put it on zshare now :D

Thank you so much for your kind words, Weird you should mention the strings actually, working on something at the moment along those lines to throw in there too ;)
I'm also working on building it up before the drums come in, and also building it up during the break for when the drums come back in. The end will probably never be in sight but I'm learning a hell of a lot in making it.

Will post updates as and when!
Largin' up Alpacas, each n every.
http://www.myspace.com/l5d
http://www.soundcloud.com/ellfivedee
One Love Records / Dubstortion Records
Dubpressure / AKA AKA ROAR / Vagabondz / Resonance / Proper Gander / Future Dub / Analogue
AKA L5D
User avatar
ELLFIVEDEE
 
Posts:
1131
Joined:
Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:53 am
Location:
Surrey

Postby deadly_habit » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:21 am

L5D wrote:
Deadly Habit wrote:off the bat i'd add some hats or something dj friendly in intro
i honestly thought that file haddened opened and sound was on the twilight zone ep i was watching :lol:
drums could use some coming up in the mix but the bass hits nice
def my choppage vibe though really dig it and the minimalism i'd add some strings in it personally after a bit
keep me updated on this man 8)


I've editted it and put it on zshare now :D

Thank you so much for your kind words, Weird you should mention the strings actually, working on something at the moment along those lines to throw in there too ;)
I'm also working on building it up before the drums come in, and also building it up during the break for when the drums come back in. The end will probably never be in sight but I'm learning a hell of a lot in making it.

Will post updates as and when!

if ya ever wanna do a collab in this vein or jazzy lemme know and hit me up :wink:
deadly_habit
 
Posts:
22980
Joined:
Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am
Location:
MURRICA

Postby silentk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:29 am

CoolRunnings_4.mp3 - 1.92MB

Okay, levels are fucked, nothings been mixed, blah blah, usual self deprocating shit.

Oh and a tenner to aynone who can guess What the bass that kicks in around 58 Secs was Sampled from :D
User avatar
silentk
 
Posts:
1234
Joined:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:22 pm
Location:
Lewisham

Postby q_steppa » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:34 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn-Ur77dVbI

all i got. please listen and feedback!
wat
q_steppa
 
Posts:
340
Joined:
Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:50 am

Postby deadly_habit » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 am

SilentK wrote:CoolRunnings_4.mp3 - 1.92MB

Okay, levels are fucked, nothings been mixed, blah blah, usual self deprocating shit.

Oh and a tenner to aynone who can guess What the bass that kicks in around 58 Secs was Sampled from :D

damn was hoping for an easy 10
sounds like a toy to me :lol: then again could be anything with how small the loop points sound to me
has an egyptian feel to me man liking it
deadly_habit
 
Posts:
22980
Joined:
Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am
Location:
MURRICA

Postby silentk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:40 am

Deadly Habit wrote:
SilentK wrote:CoolRunnings_4.mp3 - 1.92MB

Okay, levels are fucked, nothings been mixed, blah blah, usual self deprocating shit.

Oh and a tenner to aynone who can guess What the bass that kicks in around 58 Secs was Sampled from :D

damn was hoping for an easy 10
sounds like a toy to me :lol: then again could be anything with how small the loop points sound to me
has an egyptian feel to me man liking it


Yeah, i doubt anyone will guess seein as it's only a single cylce looped over haha.
User avatar
silentk
 
Posts:
1234
Joined:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:22 pm
Location:
Lewisham

Postby deadly_habit » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:15 am

SilentK wrote:
Deadly Habit wrote:
SilentK wrote:CoolRunnings_4.mp3 - 1.92MB

Okay, levels are fucked, nothings been mixed, blah blah, usual self deprocating shit.

Oh and a tenner to aynone who can guess What the bass that kicks in around 58 Secs was Sampled from :D

damn was hoping for an easy 10
sounds like a toy to me :lol: then again could be anything with how small the loop points sound to me
has an egyptian feel to me man liking it


Yeah, i doubt anyone will guess seein as it's only a single cylce looped over haha.

cool runnings bobsled movie? (just going off name)
deadly_habit
 
Posts:
22980
Joined:
Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am
Location:
MURRICA

Postby silentk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:22 am

Deadly Habit wrote:
SilentK wrote:
Deadly Habit wrote:
SilentK wrote:CoolRunnings_4.mp3 - 1.92MB

Okay, levels are fucked, nothings been mixed, blah blah, usual self deprocating shit.

Oh and a tenner to aynone who can guess What the bass that kicks in around 58 Secs was Sampled from :D

damn was hoping for an easy 10
sounds like a toy to me :lol: then again could be anything with how small the loop points sound to me
has an egyptian feel to me man liking it


Yeah, i doubt anyone will guess seein as it's only a single cylce looped over haha.

cool runnings bobsled movie? (just going off name)


Yeah i always start random projects so i started naming them after stuff that will trigger my memory

i started that track just after whatchin cool runnings on TV (sick film btw)
so yeah, whenever i read it, i remember back to what it is :D:

Bass was from one of these btw

Image

just pitched down an octave
User avatar
silentk
 
Posts:
1234
Joined:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:22 pm
Location:
Lewisham

Postby deadly_habit » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 am

wow never even seen/heard of one of those :o
how much they run lol
deadly_habit
 
Posts:
22980
Joined:
Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 am
Location:
MURRICA

Postby djake » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:12 am

"clip 1" and "clip 2" on my myspace page :)

www.myspace.com/djakedubstep
User avatar
djake
 
Posts:
4314
Joined:
Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:03 am
Location:
I found my way out of the mine

Postby lewisr » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:31 am

Thursday on myspace page

need help with mixing though, these headphones are shite.
User avatar
lewisr
 
Posts:
314
Joined:
Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:17 pm
Location:
Glasgow

Postby jblake » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:43 am

DJake, clip one is one of the darkest things i've ever heard! That snare is like a psychopath tapping his teeth. Shouldn't have listened to that before bed :?
jblake
 
Posts:
229
Joined:
Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Postby djake » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:48 am

JBlake wrote:DJake, clip one is one of the darkest things i've ever heard! That snare is like a psychopath tapping his teeth. Shouldn't have listened to that before bed :?


:lol:

sweet dreams lol
User avatar
djake
 
Posts:
4314
Joined:
Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:03 am
Location:
I found my way out of the mine

Postby knobgoblin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:11 am

really digging the atmospheres on djake's Clip 1. Mine's at http://www.zshare.net/audio/5358523438dd1d7c/ Pretty much just drums and atmospheric synths. Some bass as well. still needs a lot more sculpting and filling out thou
knobgoblin
 
Posts:
483
Joined:
Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:40 am
Location:
Bay Area

Postby jobbanaught » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:49 am

Been staying at my parents place for a week, created this with my moms PC speakers LOL Has some vibe to it but defo needs lots of additional work....

First track on the player:
http://virb.com/jnaught

@KnobGob Me like your tune, been waiting for the bass drop though :D
User avatar
jobbanaught
 
Posts:
297
Joined:
Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:27 pm
Location:
Hamburg / Germany

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
Next

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical

cron