Page 1 of 2

WWW.DUBROOM.NET - Dubs wanted

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:57 am
by shonky
Starting a show in a few weeks on Monday nights 8-10 and thought I'd open up the opportunity to new producers to get their sounds heard.

I'm looking to play hip-hop, jungle, garage and dubstep with the occassional meanderings elsewhere so if you have tunes that fit those categories send me a pm or e-mail. Probably best to send via YouSendIt or one of the other bulk transfers, 320's preferably.

A few pointers though

a/ No half finished, works-in-progress - full tunes only

b/ I'll try and play anything if I like it and the wider the interpretation of the dubstep sound the better. If your take on the sound isn't represented, then you might get it heard here.

c/ Demo's do not have to be dubstep - they have to be good though

Hoping to chuck in a few odd bits from the crates that have influenced me over the years, but should hopefully fit well for the open-minded dubsteppa

No guarantees I'll play the tune, but the opportunity's there

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:34 am
by metalboxproducts
Yeah i can send you some CRUSTYDRUMNBASS if you like. I can't be sure they will be spelt properly though. And they might need some fx. What do you reckon? Do you want or not?

Jokes by the way. Not having a go. :D

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:44 am
by shonky
metalboxproducts wrote:Yeah i can send you some CRUSTYDRUMNBASS if you like. I can't be sure they will be spelt properly though. And they might need some fx. What do you reckon? Do you want or not?

Jokes by the way. Not having a go. :D
Yep send away, it's free stuff innit. If you can make sure the dreads are trimmed tidy though and that the soap aversion's sorted before d/l that'd be like..uh neat.

Also interested in playing the dubbier, minimal end of techno in with the other stuff if you've got any of that knockin around

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:53 am
by metalboxproducts
if you go to www.myspace.com/tacomma . the first tune is kind of minimal, see what you think. If you like it ill send it.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:48 am
by forensix (mcr)
no you cant have my tunes how dare you


(let me know what you want and i'll sort you out)

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:55 am
by shonky
forensix wrote:no you cant have my tunes how dare you


(let me know what you want and i'll sort you out)
Usual monkey in used notes, behind the radiator, you know where (not talking London monkey either, has to be an actual monkey)

Safe, will get back to you on this

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:58 pm
by threnody
Is this DJ Stamina's station? If so i've got a show starting as well in a couple of weeks.....

similar request for finished tracks...send to

uktrends @ hotmail.com

I'll listen to everything + I'll be contacting a couple of you anyway for tracks....

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:01 pm
by shonky
threnody wrote:Is this DJ Stamina's station? If so i've got a show starting as well in a couple of weeks.....

similar request for finished tracks...send to

uktrends @ hotmail.com

I'll listen to everything + I'll be contacting a couple of you anyway for tracks....
That's the one, thread co-opted by Dubroom DJ's - all crew!! :wink:

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:07 pm
by docwra
Yeah man , same as.

Thrursday nights.

Tracks to doccy2hotty@msn.com please.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:10 pm
by metalboxproducts
So we're all going to be playing each others tunes then. Isn't that grand and gay and full of summer loving. I'm so happy i could stick my head up my own rectum. Wooooooooooo and some more woooooooooooo and a bit of fuckin wobble i hope.
Sunday 6-8 or 8-10 cant remember. Think i'm gonna do a little dubstep before dubstep thing. Taking my que from that thread thats around at the moment. should be quite good my mates gonna join me so there will be a lot of banter or arguing. Probably just end up playing jazz and gettin wankered on the boozejuice :D

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:28 pm
by docwra
Strictly dark stuff aswell please and no unfinished tracks.

Tar.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:51 pm
by threnody
ha ha...yeah i'm on wednesday 9-11. Big up all the crew!!

Should be good fun...production forum takeover!!

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:43 pm
by shonky
metalboxproducts wrote:So we're all going to be playing each others tunes then. Isn't that grand and gay and full of summer loving. I'm so happy i could stick my head up my own rectum. Wooooooooooo and some more woooooooooooo and a bit of fuckin wobble i hope.
Sunday 6-8 or 8-10 cant remember. Think i'm gonna do a little dubstep before dubstep thing. Taking my que from that thread thats around at the moment. should be quite good my mates gonna join me so there will be a lot of banter or arguing. Probably just end up playing jazz and gettin wankered on the boozejuice :D
Yeah, hopefully the audience will be titted as well, so I can craft some proper wrongness. Still need to get some decks, hoping someone's stupid enough to lend me some or it's one deck against fookin winamp - Shonky on the 1's sounds rather rubbish I think.

Production label runnin tings - brap (whatever the fuck that means).

Get some nasty cider and stay in the lounge - keep it semi-pro yeah.

P.S. Couldn't help but notice your glaring punctuation efforts up there - "my mates gonna join me" - is that like ONE MATE requiring an apostrophe (i.e. my mate is), or did you intend to use the word "ARE" after mates (plural). You see what you did, DO YOU, ha, can't even write, ha ha ha. I can spell me, yer see, yer see, ha ha hahhahahhahaha. I am bester than thou in spellings - oo are we!!!

I shouldn't even have to do this, but as I think it gives me a self-important air, I continue nonetheless.

Think it's only the production forum taking up roles as the music forum seems to be filled with tearfulness for non-appearances of Skream records - trials of life eh.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:47 pm
by forensix (mcr)
waht i dnot cmropenehd why deos sniellpg mettar wehn peopel can unerdsnatd waht yuor sianyg??

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:57 pm
by shonky
forensix wrote:waht i dnot cmropenehd why deos sniellpg mettar wehn peopel can unerdsnatd waht yuor sianyg??
It makes my English O level feel slightly less pointless.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:00 pm
by forensix (mcr)
o-level?? whats that ;)

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:15 pm
by shonky
forensix wrote:o-level?? whats that ;)
The Jurassic Park of GCSE's. I've got 8 in total. Apparently if I'd done an art degree, it's a surefire way of getting a shit office job, massive debts and an overwhelming sense of ennui. By avoiding such fripperies, I've managed to avoid the second, but still keep the former and latter.

RESULT!!!

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:42 pm
by ossia
alright boss, where do u want me to send it to? u got a email
muchrespect
Ossia

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:03 pm
by ossia
cheers 4 the address! when do u need them by? cos I might polish a couple of beats b4 I send em...

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:05 pm
by ossia
dont worry, i read ur msg again, now i know....
I'm a bit slow sometimes